Different Variation of Blackjack Online
There are way too many different variations of blackjack online. It would be impossible cover them all. We do want to cover the main variants, though. We are not going to talk about 6 in 1 blackjack on this page, mainly because we have talked about that elsewhere on this website, and we want our readers to be able to explore and experience the best online blackjack UK!
Spanish 21 or "Pontoon"
This is the most popular variant of blackjack. Of course, you will need to know how to play standard blackjack in order to play Spanish 21 as it is not that different. The main difference is that you will be playing with a 48-card Spanish deck instead. This means that all of the 10s have been removed.
In some regards, it is actually easier to win with this game, mainly because you can win if you get a 21, even if the dealer has a 21. It would be nigh on impossible for us to cover all of the variations here, most of which are related to whether you stand or not. If you are going to play this game, then never go for the insurance bet. It is 2-1, but it is actually one of the worst bets that you can make in an online casino. Note; you may find Spanish 21 referred to as Pontoon.
This is an awesome game which, of course, allows you to switch cards. With this variant, you will always play 2 hands per round and the bet needs to be the same for each hand. At each play, you have the option of keeping the cards OR switching the second card that was dealt. In theory, you could turn 2 abysmal hands into 2 fantastic hands.
There are a couple of rule changes here (just to swing the house edge back towards the house)
- If the dealer’s hand is 22, all of your player hands will push
- Blackjack hands pay even money. It is no longer 3-2.
The rest of the rules for this variant of blackjack will be roughly the same, although we have seen some online casinos do a few subtle variations on the rules, but nothing that you really need to worry about. Most of the variations of the rules are related to offline casinos and the way the dealer behaves, which you do not need to worry too much about when you are playing against a computer-controlled system.
Free Bet Blackjack
This is another variant of blackjack with a different twist. It was actually made by the same person who made blackjack switch. This game, the dealer can pay you to match your double down or split pairs.
- Free doubles on hard totals of 9, 10 or 11. The dealer will match this with a free bet and the player gets an additional draw card.
- If the dealer wins, the player only loses the original bet.
- If the hand ties or pushes, you get your original bet back.
- If the player wins, they get their original wager plus the original bet.
- If a dealer busts out on 22, then they do not pay out to the players.
Super Fun 21
- Few rules here (yep, this variant is fun)
- Double any cards after splitting pairs or split aces.
- You can surrender any number of cards after you double down.
- You can split pairs of 2 cards have the same value.
- The player blackjack always beats a dealer blackjack.
- If you get a player blackjack in diamonds, it pays 2 to 1
- If the player hand totals 20 or less with six cards, it is an automatic winner.
- If the hand totals 21 with 5 or more cards, it pays 2 to 1
- Dealer always hits on the soft seven.
So, a few variants on your traditional blackjack, but nothing too amazing. The only downside is that if you get a blackjack that is not a diamond, it pays even money, which means you really need to hit one of the scenarios above.
Want to play different variations of blackjack?
If you do, we have carefully selected some of the best online blackjack sites below. All these places are terrific places to play. In fact, this is a list of the places where the team here at 6 in 1 blackjack play. If we are willing to give our money to a company, you know it is good!